Wednesday 28 January 2009

La vie en Rose



I spent two very enjoyable hours recently watching this film. I don't think any other film has touched me so much. Edith was born in Paris to a mother who was a street singer;indeed it is believed by some that she was actually born on the street. She was named after Edith Cavell the British heroine of WW1. Her mother could not look after her and she eventually went to live ith her grandmother who ran a brothel. Her life was such a tragic one but she had a great talent. No other singer can sing her songs like she can herself. For me this film was exceptional; Marion Cotillard was brilliant in her portrayal of Edith. This film is now available in DVD and Blueray. Brilliant!!

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

MM, so glad you are blogging again. I saw the film recently on Sky and I agree with you - it's brilliant.

marymaryquitecontrary said...

welchcakes;thank you for your visit. I will probably blog infrequently. Sometimes you just want to share.

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

I always loved the story of Edith. What a gutsy lady. I must watch out for the film.

Debi said...

Hi MM...I got your email about the McCall 789 pattern! Send me an email at myhappysewingplace [at] googlemail [dot] com

I would be happy to send it to you--the only drawback is that the pattern is an iron on transfer. Not sure if it works more than once. Anyways, send me an email!