Wednesday 3 September 2008

Beautiful Boy



I was reading "Retiredandcrazys" post. She was writing about how much her life has changed in the past year. It made me think of the words in this John Lennon song "life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans."
I think that John Lennon wrote this song in 1980 ,sadly that was the year he died. I watch this lovely video clip of a family having fun on a day out,just like any other family and not knowing that their life if about to change so tragically.
The words of this song express just how much he loved his son.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I played with Theo this afternoon... got him out of his basket and rubbed him till he purred. We played with the ball on the string and had a great time!

marymaryquitecontrary said...

oh thank you Kathleen,(lovely Irish name)I am going on holiday soon ,would you cat sit for me?

Kathleen said...

Oh, yes! I'd love to cat-sit! I'll see Theo every day from here in Peru! While I'm there, I'll be knitting socks from this pattern:

http://mary4169.tripod.com/Easy_Worsted_Socks.pdf

Maybe you'll have kitty socks by the time you're holiday is over!

marymaryquitecontrary said...

Thanks for that Kathleen. One pair of socks on way;knitting needles are going to Espania.

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

I love John Lennons words, not only that song but many others too. Very profound. Thank you for thinking of me Mary. Have a good holiday.